Places to play are essential for every kid to grow up healthy. KABOOM! builds playspaces in partnership with communities across America, particularly those that have experienced chronic disinvestment and systemic racism. Over the last 25 years, KABOOM! has built or improved 17,000+ playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million community members, and brought joy to over 11.5 million kids. As it looks to the future, KABOOM!’s vision is nothing short of ending playspace inequity.
KABOOM! is looking for a Director of Partnership Development responsible for developing meaningful institutional and community partnerships to further advance KABOOM!’s mission. The Director will play a vital role in expanding the funding base of KABOOM! by developing and delivering compelling cases for support and shepherding prospective funding partners through every phase of the cultivation cycle. KABOOM! is driven by equity and community responsiveness, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Competitive candidates will have at least 10 years of fundraising or business development experience and a track record of securing new funding from corporate and foundation partners. Experience should include:
- Managing funder relationships and growing a portfolio of multi-year gifts.
- Building and presenting strong cases for support that align with funder priorities.
- Cultivating strategic partner relationships with executive-level stakeholders.
- A collaborative, team-oriented work style with self-motivation and drive to get the job done with little supervision.
- Ability to quickly absorb information from various angles while always keeping an eye on the big picture.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or training.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for KABOOM! Qualified candidates may submit applications at https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/available-positions/.