KABOOM! builds playspaces in partnership with communities across America, particularly those that have experienced chronic disinvestment and systemic racism. Over the last 25 years, KABOOM! has built or improved 17,000+ playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million community members, and brought joy to over 11.5 million kids. As it looks to the future, KABOOM!’s vision is nothing short of ending playspace inequity.
KABOOM! is looking for two regional Directors of Development – to cover the Central North (especially St. Paul or Chicago areas) and the West (especially Greater L.A.) regions – responsible for developing meaningful institutional and community partnerships to further advance KABOOM!’s mission. The Directors will play a vital role in expanding the funding base of KABOOM! by developing and delivering compelling cases for support and shepherding prospective funding partners through every phase of the cultivation cycle. KABOOM! is driven by equity and community responsiveness, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Competitive candidates will have at least 10 years of fundraising or business development experience and a track record of securing new funding from corporate and foundation partners. Experience should include:
- Proven experience in generating six-figure-plus new business revenues, managing funder relationships, and growing a portfolio of multi-year gifts.
- Deep understanding of the current funding environment, with an exceptional ability to build strong cases for support that align with funder priorities and create a common purpose across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience cultivating and growing funder and strategic partner relationships with executive-level stakeholders.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style with the self-motivation and drive to get the job done with little supervision.
- A sharp mind, top-notch critical thinking, and strong organizational skills; adept at quickly absorbing information from various perspectives while keeping an eye on the big picture; superior attention to detail.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or training.
State your preferred region (Central North or West) in your cover letter. These positions are 100% remote. Any regional Director may work out of the DC headquarters, which is a hybrid position.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for KABOOM!