DRiWaterstone seeks a Managing Director to join a growing team of highly experienced and respected executive search professionals who are committed to placing exceptional leaders into exceptional careers. DRiWaterstone specifically seeks to add the highest levels of professionalism and business development to our already accomplished team.
Since 2001, DRiWaterstone has provided services to help mission and purpose driven organizations located across the country and around the world to grow, thrive, and excel. We are founded on the belief that mission and purpose driven organizations make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search services to support a roster of mission and purpose driven clients that includes such renowned organizations as AARP, Habitat for Humanity, Brookings, Howard University and The Nature Conservancy. DRiWaterstone’s executive search practice helps organization design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRiWaterstone seeks a Managing Director for our nonprofit practice. The ideal candidate will have prior executive search experience in the nonprofit sector or deep nonprofit experience and networks.
If you are a natural networker, are emboldened by people, operate at a high level, and are competitive, we hope you will consider this opportunity. Our entire team is dedicated to improving organizations and the lives of those who work within them. We believe in good citizens and seek to work with clients who share our values: Honesty, Urgency, Excellence, Diversity, Confidentiality, Service. We dedicate our practice to the ultimate satisfaction of not only our clients, but our candidates who also demand our utmost respect and professionalism.
- Tirelessly work to establish a core network of current and potential clients and candidates.
- Access personal and professional networks, stewarding client, and candidate relationships.
- Lead and manage executive searches at the highest levels. This includes working with clients, candidates, and DRiWaterstone team members to lead assigned searches to a successful conclusion.
- Speak publicly at conferences on the state of the industry as a subject matter expert.
- Author thought pieces on social media in order to expand business lines and networks.
- Attend conferences as necessary with the goal of strengthening DRiWaterstone’s networks and reputation.
- Engage with every candidate with a focus on building and sustaining career-long relationships, rather than search-specific relationships only.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior relationship management and business development skills.
- A proven track record of promoting the careers of, nonprofit professionals.
- A competitive spirit who is undaunted by small obstacles but also possesses a sense of humor.
- The highest ability and capacity to understand nuance and know when to say something and when to be quiet.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated leadership in the social or private sector including leadership, philanthropy, finance, marketing, strategy, communications and other C-Suite areas where best practices are uncompromised.
- Communications skills, both written and verbal, that authenticate professional success and experiences. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to act as a thought partner to leaders as well as a career coach to candidates.
- Empathy and the ability to work well with a team while also possessing the ability to work independently with minimal support and thrive in a virtual office environment.
- Creativity, adaptability, the ability to generate ideas, and comfort with risk-taking.
- Competency with technology as well as an ability to adapt to new technology.
The Managing Director will report to the Practice Lead for the nonprofit practice area.
Corporate Culture and Benefits
DRiWaterstone is operating in a fully remote mode for the foreseeable future and encourages remote candidates to apply.
DRiWaterstone employees receive profit sharing, medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance with fully subsidized premiums, unlimited vacation, 10 federal holidays, and we are closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH
- Executive search and nonprofit expertise and networks developed through working with institutions that have national and global reach.
DRiWaterstone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.