Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
We are looking for a creative Marketing and Communications Manager who can help us successfully tell the Girl Scout story, to a broad range of internal and external audiences. The right candidate will successfully promote the Girl Scout brand in speeches, social media and with the media.
Here’s What You Will Be Doing
- Develop content and raise brand awareness for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Provide leadership on creative campaign message development
- Create variety of marketing collateral materials in collaboration with communications team
- Ensure innovation in communication to reach today’s girls
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop Council-wide communication strategy
- Research topics and write speeches and prepare presentations (PowerPoint, Video) for the Chief Executive Officer and Board President
- Prepare talking points to prepare the CEO for speaking engagements and media interviews
- Manage crisis communications and brand reputation
Is this you?
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or writing
- Passionate about communications
- Enthusiastic about girl leadership
- Excellent writer
- Creative and comfortable working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Premiere Pro
- Play well in the office sandbox as a good listener and good communicator
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people, from girls to executives
- 1-2 years of direct experience supervising staff
- Ability to travel throughout the Greater Washington, DC area
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Hybrid work environment: combining flexibility of telework with in-person human interaction!
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Paid holidays/office closures include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and December 26-31. The Presidential Inauguration Day is also an observed holiday on January 20th every four years.
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital. To learn more and apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/gscnc-marketing-comms.