First established in 1971 as Help Hospitalized Veterans, Heal Vets has provided free therapeutic arts and crafts kits to hospitalized and homebound veterans for generations. These craft kits help injured and recuperating veterans improve fine motor skills, cognitive functioning, manage stress and substance abuse, cope with symptoms of PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), while also improving their sense of self-esteem and overall physical and mental health. Most of these kits are developed, manufactured, and packaged for delivery at the production center headquartered in Winchester, CA. Since its inception, Heal Vets has delivered over 32 million of these arts and crafts kits to veterans and veteran facilities nationwide and active-duty military overseas.
The Vice President of Development is the CEO’s closest ally in strategizing, designing, coordinating, and implementing all aspects of Heal Vets’ development and marketing efforts. Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Board of Directors, they will develop and execute Heal Vets’ fundraising strategy focused on diversifying revenue streams. They are responsible for leading and expanding a development program that represents roughly $12 million annually, the majority of which comes from a robust and well-developed direct mail program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in non-profit development and fundraising.
- Demonstrated results executing non-profit fundraising strategies that expand and diversify the donor base to increase overall revenue.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating core messaging that drives the fundraising messaging and strategies.
- Record of successfully engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Passionate and committed to the mission of Heal Vets.
DRiWaterstone is managing the search for Help Heal Vets.