Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Howard University has put into action an ambitious, yet attainable, fundraising strategy that seeks to enhance the Howard experience well beyond the bounds of Washington, DC.
The Director of Development, Athletics provides leadership for the athletics program/office for their major gift fundraising initiatives. This position works directly with the athletic director, coaches, and members of the athletic community leadership to develop fundraising priorities and goals, and leads philanthropic revenue generation. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Individual Giving, this position will work with both internal contacts, including deans, directors, faculty, and staff; and external contacts, including alumni, corporations, foundations, and non-degree holding donors.
- Bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in fundraising and building long-term fundraising relationships.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising or marketing and planned giving experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in managing relationships with high-level prospects to secure major gifts.
- Experience with the concepts of moves management as well as a mastery of the fundamentals of major gifts fundraising.
DRiWaterstone is leading the search for Howard University.