Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Howard University has put into action an ambitious, yet attainable, fundraising strategy that seeks to enhance the Howard experience well beyond the bounds of Washington, DC.
The Graphic Designer is a member of the central office for the Division of Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) staff and will create visually appealing and compelling creative collateral for the DAR division that supports its fundraising goals, aligns with the University brand and moves forward the mission, vision and strategic direction of the University. The Graphic Designer will assist with graphic and content updates on the DAR website and other digital platforms, and will collaborate with Office of University Communications to ensure proper use of logos, style, and other design elements. This position will report to the Director of Advancement Communications and works with various internal clients including staff, administrators, and faculty for the purpose of gathering information to support graphic design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, art history, communication, graphic design, or related field.
- Three years of experience that includes coordination of projects from concept to completion.
- E-portfolio showcasing projects and skills relevant to the graphic designer position.
- Experience using content management system (CMS) to update website content.
- Experience using industry standard software and computer operating systems, preferably Adobe.
- Creative Cloud and Apple iOS, to create and produce graphic content.
- Experience using web content management systems, preferably Drupal.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information used to develop creative content.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
DRiWaterstone is leading the search for Howard University.