The Just Transition Fund is on a mission to create opportunity for the communities hardest hit by the coal industry’s decline. They help build resilient communities by promoting equitable, inclusive, and low-carbon practices, resulting in positive results for the cities they serve. As a grantmaker, convener, and catalyst, The Just Transition Fund supports local innovators and community advocates in building diverse and resilient economies and helps transition them toward a prosperous future away from the coal industry.
The Just Transition Fund was established in the spring of 2015 by the Rockefeller Family and the Appalachia Funders Network with the support of six other foundation partners: Blue Moon Fund, the Chorus Foundation, the Hewlett Foundation, The JPB Foundation, The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation, and Mertz Gilmore Foundation. The Fund was initially created to help local organizations secure funding through the POWER Initiative, the first federal program targeted to communities impacted by the changing coal economy. Over the years, The Fund has evolved its approach to catalyze and support the national just transition movement more broadly while helping more communities tap into growing federal funding opportunities.
The Just Transition Fund seeks a Federal Access Center Program Associate to support the programmatic and administrative needs of the Federal Access Center (FAC). The FAC is a one-stop resource hub providing grants and technical assistance to help coal communities secure public funding for local economic solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the FAC team, including scheduling calls and meetings and managing email correspondence.
- Develop FAC team weekly meeting agendas, take meeting notes, and coordinate follow-up action items.
- Monitor requests for FAC support and screen for basic eligibility; respond or route internally as appropriate.
- Coordinate grantmaking administrative process, including managing proposal and report intake.
- Draft formal correspondence, including grant award letters and letters of support for grantees to use in their federal applications.
DRiWaterstone is managing the search on behalf of The Just Transition Fund.