The Covid-19 pandemic has brought into sharp relief the many economic disparities in the DMV region and across the country, with housing insecurity topping the list. Committed to housing people, empowering families, and strengthening neighborhoods since 1989, Montgomery Housing Partnership (MHP) preserves and expands access to quality, affordable housing.
MHP serves 4,000+ residents of Montgomery County and neighboring communities by providing 2,600+ quality affordable homes, with a goal of expanding to 5,000+ affordable homes serving 10,000+ residents by the end of the decade. We will achieve this ambitious goal through our groundbreaking 3-year $20M comprehensive capital campaign, begun in November 2021.
MHP advances our mission through three key strategies. We:
- Acquire, rehabilitate, build and manage quality affordable housing.
- Develop and implement community life programs to improve the quality of life and increase opportunities for our residents.
- Collaborate with concerned citizens and businesses, public officials and community organizations to build strong, vital neighborhoods.
The successful Major Gifts Director will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects with a range of financial means. This will include the ability to share tangible results of MHP’s work with donors and other key stakeholders. The optimal candidate for this role will be a confident self-starter, organized, creative, able to effectively multi-task, and have a growth mindset. The ideal candidate’s specific qualifications include:
- At least 7+ years of fundraising experience at a non-profit organization.
- Record of working with individual donors, building existing relationships and growing new ones, and successfully managing a donor portfolio.
- Ability to develop and implement a sound strategic annual fundraising plan to increase MHP’s philanthropic revenue.
- Awareness of donor prospect management methods and software, and the ability to learn new software quickly (e.g. eTapestry). Prospect research database experience a plus.
- Robust organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy; organize tasks; establish objectives; and prioritize and achieve goals.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required; SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of affordable housing sector a plus.
The salary range for this position is $100k – $120k. MHP offers generous paid time off, a hybrid working model, and flexible hours. We are proud to uphold our organizational values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Communication, Teamwork, and Diversity. For more information about our mission and values, please visit: about/mission-values/mhpartners.org.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Montgomery Housing Partnership. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/major-gifts-director.