Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Howard University seeks a Manager of Stewardship for Principal & Presidential Prospects. The Manager of Stewardship for Principal & Presidential Prospects is a key member of the central office for the Division of Development & Alumni Relations staff. This position will report to the Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations and will work directly with the President of the University and key cabinet members, in order to provide effective stewardship to high-level donors and individuals who have high donor potential. This position with work amongst the Advancement Services team and senior-level Administrators to report on the use of gifts. This position is tasked with maintaining relationships over time, to ensure high-level donors are pleased with the impact of their gift and are stewarded toward future philanthropy to Howard University.
Specific qualifications include:
- Manage and provide strategic direction for the University’s comprehensive stewardship program.
- Create stewardship strategies for principal and transformational gift donors, and presidential prospects.
- Work with gift officers for creative ways to steward and thank major donors and implement individual stewardship plans for principal gifts.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and supervision to teams around partnerships, reunion/homecoming activities, and communication.
- Provide leadership by developing partnerships and maintaining strong lines of communication with senior-level colleagues within the University and across departments.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President, President, and Chief Investment Officer.
- Foster a collaborative environment by soliciting feedback and keeping stakeholders well informed of strategies to maximize stewardship and operations.
- Set goals for donor relations, and track/evaluate progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in building long-term fundraising relationships.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising or marketing and planned giving experience highly desired. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for Howard University.