Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Howard University seeks a Manager of Stewardship for Principal & Presidential Prospects. The Manager of Stewardship for Principal & Presidential Prospects is a key member of the central office for the Division of Development & Alumni Relations staff. This position will report to the Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations and will work directly with the President of the University and key cabinet members, in order to provide effective stewardship to high-level donors and individuals who have high donor potential. This position with work amongst the Advancement Services team and senior-level Administrators to report on the use of gifts. This position is tasked with maintaining relationships over time, to ensure high-level donors are pleased with the impact of their gift and are stewarded toward future philanthropy to Howard University.
Specific qualifications include:
- Manage and provide strategic direction for the University’s comprehensive stewardship program.
- Create stewardship strategies for principal and transformational gift donors, and presidential prospects.
- Work with gift officers for creative ways to steward and thank major donors and implement individual stewardship plans for principal gifts.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and supervision to teams around partnerships, reunion/homecoming activities, and communication.
- Provide leadership by developing partnerships and maintaining strong lines of communication with senior-level colleagues within the University and across departments.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President, President, and Chief Investment Officer.
- Foster a collaborative environment by soliciting feedback and keeping stakeholders well informed of strategies to maximize stewardship and operations.
- Set goals for donor relations, and track/evaluate progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in building long-term fundraising relationships.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising or marketing and planned giving experience highly desired. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for Howard University. To learn more please visit https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/submit-resume/.