For over eight decades, Montalvo has fostered a vision of creativity, experimentation, and universal access to the arts. Built around the national historic landmark “Villa Montalvo,” and gardens and grounds designed by the landscape designer of Golden Gate Park, Montalvo embraces art as the ultimate gift to humanity, an enduring treasure, and a place where all people can belong and find enrichment through the arts.
In seeking its Director, Outreach and Education, Montalvo is placing equal weight on each aspect of the role. We seek someone who not only has the educational and pedagogical experience to devise meaningful opportunities for children and adults to participate in the creative process, but who is also committed to building authentic relationships with the people, communities, and organizations in the South Bay and Peninsula areas. Every element of this work is embedded in our values, and we will look to the person in this role to challenge us to live up to our highest aspirations. The ideal candidate’s specific qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, and managing multidisciplinary arts education programs, including experience in a supervisory role developing and managing staff
(Note: Individuals whose work has focused on a single artistic discipline should address their experience working across disciplines).
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing, and managing community outreach programs, including experience engaging diverse communities.
- Experience managing committees and working with partners to implement projects/programs is preferred.
- MA in Arts Education or related field of study is preferred. Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin preferred.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse partners and audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to advance multiple projects simultaneously.
- DOJ LiveScan fingerprint clearance and CPR/First Aid certification are required.