Founded in 1971, National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the leading national advocacy organization supporting community-based health centers (CHCs) and the expansion of healthcare services for the medically underserved and uninsured. Today, 1400 CHCs located in all 50 states and territories serve 30 million patients a year.
The Chief People Officer will lead and oversee all human resources and workforce strategies for NACHC, including talent acquisition, benefits, professional development, and workforce planning. Serving as a strategic partner to the Executive Team, the Chief People Officer will serve as a thought partner on people strategy, people management, organizational design, and growth strategy. The Chief People Officer will also lead, oversee, and delegate the implementation of NACHC’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies and initiatives.
The Chief People Officer position is a newly created role. Reporting to the President & CEO, the position is responsible for building and managing a talented team of up to 14 employees and three direct reports. The position is based out of the NACHC’s Bethesda, MD office.
The ideal Chief People Officer will have:
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience, with a minimum of 7 in Human Resources (HR), and a track record of successfully developing and implementing strategy and short- and long-term objectives. Preferably at the VP or CHRO level.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience managing HR for organizations with at least 100 staff, both remote and in-office, and in multiple locations.
- SHHR, PHR, DEI certificate, and/or other HR certifications.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization preferred.
- Proven success in growing talent and building a high-functioning HR team.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for NACHC.