Founded in 1971, the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the leading national advocacy organization supporting community-based health centers (CHCs) and the expansion of health care services for the medically underserved and uninsured. Today, 1400 CHCs located in all 50 states and territories serve 30 million patients a year.
The Senior Vice President of Communications & Events will lead the association’s strategic communications and plan successful, high-quality, compelling, and profitable conferences and forums. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Vice President of Communications and Events will be a creative, proactive, energetic, and inspired leader with extensive experience managing highly productive teams and overseeing substantial budgets and department operations, including Conferences & Exhibits, and Communications & Public Relations.
The ideal SVP of Communications and Events will have:
- 7 years of communications or marketing experience, with at least 4 years at a senior leadership position or above with responsibility for supervising and managing a team and budget.
- Ability to oversee member communications and conferences/events at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Extensive experience in managing the on-site execution of logistics associated with national conferences and forums.
- Exceptional professional writing, editing, and presentation abilities.
- Experience working in a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proven ability to successfully build, manage, mentor, and lead a large diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in communications, business, or marketing.
The position is based out of the Association’s Bethesda, MD office.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for NACHC.