Founded in 1977, New Hope Housing is an innovative, award-winning nonprofit agency in Northern Virginia committed to finding creative and lasting solutions to end the cycle of homelessness by offering homeless men, women, and children the services they need to change their lives and succeed. Each of those success stories adds to a stronger, healthier community for all.
The core values of New Hope Housing are:
- Renew hope that homelessness is solvable.
- Welcome all, including the un-welcomed.
- Treat each individual with dignity and respect.
- Believe that a competent and dedicated staff is critical to the mission.
- Behave as effective stewards of the human and financial resources entrusted to the organization.
- New Hope Housing is a community-based organization.
New Hope Housing (NHH) is looking to hire a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO is responsible for all aspects of New Hope Housing’s operations, leading the staff in accomplishing NHH’s goals while acting as the primary spokesperson to external parties. This position operates under the supervision of NHH’s Board of Directors and will provide regular and fulsome updates to the Board about the organization’s financial, programmatic, and developmental operations. The Chief Executive Officer is expected to possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong and clear leadership style, and a passion for eliminating homelessness.
Key qualifications include:
- 15+ years of Leadership experience in nonprofit organizations, with a minimum of 5 years in an executive level role; serving the homeless and addressing affordable housing issues are preferred.
- BA/BS degree required; supporting graduate level degree (MPP, MBA, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Understanding of budgets, contract funding, cost sharing among contracts, etc.
- Possesses high emotional intelligence – especially self-awareness and self-management; looks inward as a role leader to address possible challenges.
- Strategic experience leading change in a dynamic organization.
To learn more and apply, please submit your resume here.