Since it began operating in 1997, the See Forever Foundation’s mission has been to create learning communities in lower income urban areas where all students, particularly those who have not succeeded in traditional schools, can succeed academically and socially. Today, the See Forever Foundation supports the Maya Angelou Public Charter High School and Young Adult Learning Center, housed in Northeast, DC, along with Maya Angelou Academies, located in New Beginnings in Laurel, Maryland; Youth Services Center in Northeast, DC; and the DC Jail in Southeast, DC.
The See Forever Foundation and Maya Angelou Schools seek a Resource Development (RD) Manager, who is responsible for developing and executing overall fundraising plans related to corporate giving, individual donors and affinity groups, online campaigns, and in-kind gifts. The RD Manager will write proposals and reports and will coordinate workplace giving campaigns for the public and private sectors. This position supports donor engagement activities and works with the Chief Development Officer to develop and mount small and major events for the organization, and to identify, cultivate, retain, and develop donor prospects. He/she will help establish and strengthen relationships with donors, employers, and the community. The RD Manager plays a crucial role in processing donations and maintaining the donor database, thank you efforts, and all donor records. He/she is accountable for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of accounts generating annual contributions to meet or exceed organizational revenue goals. This position also oversees the AmeriCorps VISTA Program and is responsible for the recruitment, orientation, and oversight of VISTA assignments. The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of this position. These assignments may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve. This role offers a potential pathway to grow into a Director of Development role after a few years. Specific qualifications include:
- Passionate about See Forever Foundation/Maya Angelou Schools’ Mission
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Superb relationship building and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Mastery of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Google Platform and experience maintaining donor database. Knowledge of Bloomerang a plus.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines, and scanners
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and ability to follow through
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member in a hybrid work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times
- Must have ability to perform work that could require sitting, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for the See Forever Foundation/Maya Angelou Schools. To learn more please visit https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/resource-development-manager/.
The estimated salary for this role is $70,000 – $85,000, contingent upon experience.