Vitamin Angels (VA) is a public health non-profit working to improve nutrition and health outcomes in low-resource settings worldwide. We strengthen, extend, and amplify the impact of our partner organizations working to reach the most nutritionally vulnerable groups –pregnant women, infants, and children –who are underserved by existing systems. We do this by delivering evidence-based interventions (vitamin A, deworming, multiple micronutrient supplementation for pregnant women, promotion of optimal maternal, infant, and young child feeding practices, and supplementary feeding programs) and offering technical assistance, including ongoing monitoring and evaluation, to ensure program quality, scale, and impact. Vitamin Angels works with over 2,000 local organizations, including governments, to reach more than 70 million women and children in 65 countries annually.
The role of the Vice President for Programs is to provide leadership and mentorship to the Program Division and to inform the structural and functional management (with an internal and external view) of the Program Division and VA’s global operations.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition Science, Non-Profit Management, or related discipline from an accredited university required. Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D. or Doctor of Nutritional Science, Public Health, or related discipline) plus 3-5 years of relevant experience in navigating significant periods of growth and change for an international non-profit organization preferred.
- 5-10 years of significant experience and a strong record of leading and managing a diverse team in a senior program leadership position with an international non-profit organization. Experience in the for-profit sector preferred.
- Record of developing and implementing growth-oriented operational strategies.
- Experience leading organizational development and guiding complex international planning, including the ability to set priorities and guide investments in people and systems for a global organization.
- Knowledge of and comfort with multi-channel revenue generation, drawing from a wide array of corporate and institutional giving sources.
- Knowledge of essential financial planning, budgeting, and information systems.
- Ability to travel as needed (15% of the time).
- Fluency in a second language preferred.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Vitamin Angels. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/va-vp-programs/.