VHC Health is a 453-bed nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog Group has awarded the hospital with an ‘A’ grade in Hospital Safety for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for the 10th year in a row and VHC has ranked Number 2 in “Best Hospitals” in the Washington, DC metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report’s 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC we are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
Associate Vice President (AVP) of Philanthropy
The Associate Vice President (AVP), Philanthropy is a front-line fundraising role responsible for managing a robust philanthropy program at VHC Health by aligning donor interests with institutional priorities and managing Foundation relations. This team member will work closely and independently with institutional leadership, volunteers and other staff.
Reporting to the President of the VHC Health Foundation, this position plays a key role in the implementation, and execution of an ongoing, comprehensive fundraising and development strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or in a Related Field preferred.
- Ten years of Fundraising experience preferred.
- Five years of Leadership experience preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Knowledge of planned giving, blended gifts and generational wealth philanthropy.
- Experience in Project Management and Healthcare Fundraising.
- Proven record of building relationships rooted in mission, vision and impact.
- Effectively and efficiently, collaborate with the Foundation President, to ensure the development and implementation of best practices related to Healthcare Philanthropy, including the education and implementation of initiatives focused on building a culture of philanthropy at VHC Health.
- Manage and oversee professional fundraising and support staff, Foundation efforts, and provides direct oversight of the philanthropy programs and initiatives of the Foundation.
- Conduct productive direct engagement activities with prospective philanthropic partners, meeting or exceeding established performance metrics for donor engagement and philanthropic partnership commitments.
- Prepare tailored strategies, briefing materials including proposals and training to support solicitations by Hospital leadership, volunteers and staff.
- Facilitate a “Donor Centric” advancement of prospects as a Senior-level donor officer through the various stages of giving according to a “Moves Management” approach to build upon the number and diversity of philanthropic gifts to the Hospital.
- Create cultivation and stewardship strategies that build relationships to grow future planned giving revenue in regards to the Arlington Legacy Society (planned giving affinity group).
- Represent the Foundation as needed to ensure efficient and effective utilization of shared philanthropy programs and operation resources across Virginia Hospital Center to include donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT and Research Point, and other related fundraising software.
- Knowledge of Planned Giving fundraising vehicles.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Virginia Hospital Center Foundation. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/VHCF-AVP-Philanthropy.