For 26 years, the Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis (WFGM) has played a major role as a backbone organization aligning people, resources, and coordinating community-based services through a two-generation, and most recently a three-generation, approach to reducing poverty.
The President and CEO is responsible for implementing the objectives and policies established by the Board of Directors and the administration of WFGM, including decisions concerning personnel, program development, organization, planning, funding facilities, ongoing programs, and related activities. The President and CEO is also expected to provide leadership in developing plans and objectives for future growth of the organization that are consistent with those established by the Board of Directors.
- While the Foundation does not require previous CEO experience, the successful candidate should very much view themselves as a leader and present at least seven years of demonstrated and successful leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- An outstanding written and oral communicator. This will translate as having a passion for improving the lives of families living in poverty and the ability to successfully engage with a multitude of stakeholders, including community non-profits, individual and corporate donors, Board members, community programming agencies, government officials, etc.
- Excitement and fearlessness toward fundraising and the opportunities that lay in wait. Experience in writing grants and proposals toward successful allocation of funding.
- Demonstrated ability in initiating, overseeing and managing budgets as well as program development.
- Demonstrated ability in supervising multiple staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability in managing time, evaluating progress, and adjusting activities to complete work within established time frames.
- A strategic, tactical, and organized thinker who is intellectually curious and enjoys solving critical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong public speaking, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment.
This description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for WFGM. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/wfgm-ceo.