We are seeking a seasoned General Manager who has built strong brands and grown businesses. Passionate about long-term relationships, the successful candidate will drive diligent performance, oversee the execution of the strategic plan, and have a ‘people first’ mindset. The GM will be fiscally responsible for budgets and expenditures, development of the team and the culture, and champion innovation and process planning. Based in Victoria, the GM will foster a transparent relationship with ownership, and actively collaborate with the senior team to grow the market footprint and community support with strong integrity and ethics.
The ideal candidate comes with proven senior leadership experience within brewery, distillery, consumer packaged goods or small business operations and will have exceptional strategic planning with ethical and authentic leadership qualities.
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline is required, Master’s degree would be an asset
- A minimum 7 to 10 years progressive management experience with 5 years in a senior management or General Manager role. Experience in the brewing or similar consumer goods industry
- Proven ability to lead all facets of the brewery including operations, sales and marketing, finance, and human resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of good manufacturing practices including continuous improvement processes and KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to instill a culture of high performance, accountability, and quality
- Proven record in building and maintaining exceptional relationship management/networking skills
- Inspires a working environment that challenges the status quo and provides opportunities to demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to the business
- Experienced in strategic planning from creation, presentation through to diligent execution and follow up
- Thorough or intimate understanding of the regulatory environment for beer and spirits both at the provincial and federal level
- Exceptional communicator providing clear and consistent messages
- An experienced facilitator of change, agility and motivational engagement throughout the brewery
- Experience in qualifying capital expenditures, manufacturing equipment and plant service equipment practices within the budgeted parameters, to facilitate sustainable growth
- Exceptional financial management knowledge (including budget development and variance reporting and presentation)
All responses are sent to Waterstone Human Capital. Please indicate your interest in Project #0236-0001S. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.