Marty Parker is president and chief executive officer of Waterstone Human Capital. Founded in 2003, Waterstone is a leading cultural talent management firm that offers retained executive search specializing in recruiting for fit, culture change and transformation services, leadership development, succession planning, cultural and engagement measurement, and advisory consulting for entrepreneurial-minded, high growth organizations across Canada and the United States.
In 2005, Marty founded Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an annual program that recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having a culture that has helped them enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. In 2014, the program expanded to include Canada’s Most Admired CEO.
Marty is considered a global leader and expert on human capital and corporate culture. He is a frequent commentator and keynote speaker on issues surrounding leadership and organizational culture. He is the author of Culture Connection: How Developing a Winning Culture Will Give Your Organization a Competitive Advantage (McGraw-Hill, 2012) and The Culturepreneur: How High Performance Leaders Craft Culture as Competitive Advantage (Page Two, 2021).
Marty is a very active member of Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO), in the Great Lakes Ontario and Miami–Fort Lauderdale Integrated chapters. He is a member of the YPO Canada Region executive as mentorship chair, and is the former chapter chair, learning chair, network chair, membership chair, forum chair and current engagement chair for YPO Great Lakes Ontario.
Marty holds a bachelor of arts with honours, as well as a master of science degree in marketing from the University of Guelph. He and his wife, Tanya, are the parents of five children and they currently split their time between live in Mississauga and Huntsville, Ontario, and Delray Beach, Florida.
A serial entrepreneur, Marty loves sports, coaching, fitness, food and wine, reading, and personal and professional development.
Marty is considered a global leader and expert on human capital and corporate culture. He is available to speak on a wide variety of topics including:
- Corporate leadership
- Culture transformation
- Leveraging corporate culture to drive performance
- Putting culture at the centre of strategy to drive results
- How high performance leaders craft culture as competitive advantage
- Leveraging corporate culture as competitive advantage in the new working world
- The benefits of being a culturepreneur
- The five attributes of a culturepreneur
- Trends and best practices in recruitment and retention
Marty has provided expert commentary on the impact and importance of corporate culture and human capital for CNBC, the National Post, Canadian Business, and Profit, and he has appeared on Canada AM, BNN, and CP24. He also is the host of Building High Performance Cultures, a vlog and podcast where he interviews leaders who use culture to drive competitive advantage.
- Interview with the For Leaders Global podcast: Crafting a coveted corporate culture
- Interview with The Entrepreneur Way: Having Great Mentors and Advisors with Marty Parker Founder and Owner of Waterstone Human Capital
- Interview with The Adam Mendler Blog: Look for Patterns
- Interview with The Alain Guillot Show: How Leaders Can Craft Culture as Competitive Advantage
- Waterstone Human Capital’s Building High Performance Cultures podcast
- Video: How to Recruit for Fit
- Webinar: Corporate Culture in Times of Crisis
For all media requests:
Senior Director, Marketing