Transformational Recruiting Drives Growth by Focusing on Culture Add
Corporate culture is key when it comes to driving success, especially in today’s competitive talent market. That’s especially true when it comes to building a successful talent acquisition process.
Microsoft’s 2021 Word Trends Index found that 41 per cent of the global workforce was likely to consider leaving their current employer within the next year. And while there will always be employees who leave for what they consider to be better titles, better compensation, or better growth opportunities, now more than ever we’re seeing employees who choose to leave because of culture – choosing cultures that are better aligned to their individual purpose and values.
That also means that more and more candidates are screening for culture when they look at a potential new employer.
At Waterstone, we take a culture-centric approach to recruiting. We use a tool called Recruit4Fit. It’s designed to help organizations define and identify those behaviours that drive success within top performing team members, and then find candidates who will add to the culture – high performers who can help take the culture and the company to the next level. This type of transformational recruiting – with a focus on sustainable organizational and cultural growth – ensures you have the right leaders in place to drive performance and success today and into the future.
Here are five questions organizations can ask to help recruit for culture add:
- Do we have a good sense of the behaviours that make the top performers in our organization successful?
- Do we know what behaviours will be key to taking our culture and our business into the future?
- Do we have the right people in the right seats to achieve our goals?
- How are we integrating our culture and our vision into the talent attraction strategy?
- When recruiting, how are we assessing candidates to ensure they align to our values but also have the vision to move the agenda forward?
Organizations with strong cultures and culture-focused employer brands are winning the talent war in 2022. To learn more about Waterstone’s transformational recruiting approach and how it can help meet your recruitment needs, click here.